8.18.2008

unbelievable monday morning at work...

what happened to me today at work...my manager resigned over email on friday evening and didn't even give me 2 weeks notice!! let me start from the beginning...

about 3 months ago, he initiated a conversation with me that he wanted to work towards being a senior manager. then a month later, he decided he couldn't handle managing 3 people after all and he doesn't want to be in my group anymore...he wants to try a different group in our company. oh, AND he wants out as soon as possible - definitely before i go on maternity leave. however, there isn't anything available in our company that interests him and one of his employees quit because he wasn't a very supportive manager. so i guess being frustrated with the lack of progress in his job search and having to do more work since he's short a person, what does he decide to do??? JUST QUIT!

couldn't even tell me in person and give me 2 weeks notice.
what a coward huh? friday afternoon, he drafts an email to my work email and resigns. and of course, the 1 weekend i don't check my email, i come in monday morning completely shocked. to make matters worse, monday mornings are the craziest for us as we have all these reports to run. so i have to do all these additional reports that i've never had to run before...it was a crazy morning to say the least. anyway...i survived the morning and just kept cranking away with other things that i had to do. so i'm still in a state of shock and now have to figure out what i'm going to do with my team and the workload by tomorrow morning...it's aways fun times at my job.

No comments: